Work With Us
If you’re a real “people person” and think you’d enjoy showing visitors to Australia our most popular & iconic destinations, we’d be interested in hearing from you!
While our industry is certainly somewhat seasonal, we’re busy all year around and are always keen to hear from individuals who are motivated to ensure that our visitors are genuinely treated as our guests, and to provide truly memorable travel experiences for our guests.
- Work with an amazing team of friendly & outgoing people
- Earn good money, including significant overtime & penalty rates (i.e. higher pay rates apply for weekends & public holidays)
- Paid training provided
- Provide great experiences and earn valuable tips from your happy guests
- Gain an in-demand skill set that is valued worldwide
To work with us as a tour driver-guide, you will need to have two specific qualifications:
Drivers Accreditation Certificate (DC)
- This certification is issued by the Taxi Services Commission & is required in order to legally drive any commercial passenger vehicle within Victoria (including buses, taxis & Ubers)
- For the “Application for accreditation to drive a commercial passenger vehicle and private bus” – click here
- As you will see, this application requires a medical clearance. For most applicants this is a straightforward but somewhat time consuming process. The medical clearance simply involves a visit to your GP to check on such things as blood pressure, eyesight etc. Essentially, they are checking to make sure applicants are not likely candidates for a stroke or heart attack at the wheel.
- Page 13 of the application form also requires you to consent to the TSC undertaking a criminal record & driving record check through Victoria Police & VicRoads.
Light Rigid (LR) driver’s licence
- This is the very first step up from a standard motor car licence and can be attained quickly & easily through any major driving school.
- A Light Rigid driving course – including the licence test – will typically cost around $700.00.
We’re delighted that some of our former staff have been kind enough to provide an “employee reference” for us. Click here to see what they have had to say about their time working with us.
To express your interest in working with us, please e-mail a CV & cover letter to [email protected].