2 Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour
Explore the iconic Great Ocean Road and discover an abundance of Australian wildlife
at the Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island.
Includes FREE courtesy pick up & drop off from inner city locations.
Your 2 Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour includes
- Wonder at the famous rock formations of the Port Campbell National Park
- The awe-inspiring 12 Apostles
- An opportunity to view two of the Apostles from beach level at Gibson’s Steps
- Loch Ard Gorge – hear the story of our most famous shipwreck
- A truly scenic journey along Australia’s most spectacular coastal route
- The famous beaches of the Great Ocean Road’s Surf Coast
- Overnight stay in the coastal town of Queenscliff
- Ferry ride across Port Phillip Bay to the Mornington Peninsula
- A guided tour at the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park
- Meet a wide range of Australian animals including koalas, wombats, dingoes & many more
- Hand feed kangaroos, wallabies and pademelons
- Visit Point Grant to stroll the coastal boardwalks and view the Nobbies and Seal Rock
- The amazing Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- General Viewing seats at the Penguin Parade – upgrades available at extra cost
- Dinner (day 1) & breakfast (day 2)
- Accommodation as booked (bring own toiletries)
- All park entrance fees
- Friendly and informative driver / guide
- Return transfers in air-conditioned comfort
- Complimentary onboard wifi throughout your journey
What will I do on my 2 Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour?
Departing Melbourne at approximately 8.00am, we’ll journey inland directly to the Port Campbell National Park & take in the wonders of this famous stretch of coastline. Be amazed by the iconic limestone formations including the stunning 12 Apostles where you’ll have time to wander the boardwalks and take in the views from numerous spectacular vantage points.
Descend Gibson Steps to the beach below where you’ll feel dwarfed by the towering cliffs and the enormous offshore stacks. Travel to Loch Ard Gorge to hear the tragic story of the shipwrecked Loch Ard where 52 lives were lost and only two survived. Follow the Great Ocean Road inland through the Otway Ranges and take walk in the lush rainforest at Maits Rest. Returning to the ocean, we’ll drive along the most scenic stretches of the road which wind along the cliff sides and the shorelines of Victoria’s Surf Coast as we make our way to your overnight accommodation on the Bellarine Peninsula.
Arise the following morning & board the ferry for an hour-long journey across Port Phillip Bay to the Mornington Peninsula. Look out for seals & dolphins which are frequently spotted during the ferry trip. The second day of our journey is a wildlife immersion. You’ll experience a guided tour of the multi-award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park where you’ll learn about an extensive array of Australia’s native fauna. Hand-feed kangaroos & wallabies, meet the cuddly koalas & view numerous other species including the critically-endangered Orange Bellied Parrot.
On Phillip Island, visit Point Grant to view the Nobbies & Seal Rocks before arriving at Summerland Beach to enjoy the world-famous Penguin Parade. As dusk falls, experience the spectacle of these amazing animals emerging from the surf & crossing the sand before continuing their journey through the dunes to their homes. Explore the Visitor Centre before commencing the voyage back to Melbourne where your journey ends.
Queenscliff accommodation options
Private double & single rooms with ensuite bathrooms at Beacon Resort.
Shared (dormitory) accommodation is available with shared bathroom facilities.
Luggage restrictions apply – 5kg soft overnight bag.
Children under the age of 16 years may not stay in shared accommodation. Private accommodation must be booked for children, all ages welcome.
Portable cots can be provided on request for infants but must be arranged prior to the date of departure directly with Go West Tours. Parents must provide bedding (i.e. blankets, sheets).
Please specify any dietary requirements.
Book your place on our 2 Day Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Tour from Melbourne today!
Our smaller air-conditioned buses allow us to access areas the larger coaches can’t. They also allow for a more personal tour experience with the benefits of a small group environment. So come along and let our tour guides give you a value-packed adventure with outstanding sights, information and entertainment, with plenty of fun and a few little surprises along the way.
Call (03) 9485 5290 or book your place online with Go West today!