FAQ – Go West Tours
Q. What is Go West’s child policy?
A. We’re happy to welcome children on board our tours. Children’s prices are $20 less than our full adult fares and apply for all travellers aged 0-15 years. Child seats are available on request but must be booked in advance. If you would like a child seat made available for your child, please contact our office directly to confirm that we are able to provide a seat for your child.
- Please be aware that our vehicles do not have storage space for prams or strollers.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to refuse passage to those who insist on bringing items as described above or who cause unnecessary departure delays relating to this matter.
- It is essential that we are aware of all guests travelling.
- All travelling persons must have a separate seat allocated for their use. Carrying an infant on one’s lap or having them occupy space in the aisle is not permitted.
- Any party arriving with undisclosed infants will be required to pay our child’s fare prior to boarding the touring vehicle. If there are no seats available for any undisclosed party to occupy, the entire travelling party may be denied the opportunity to travel and will forfeit their fares.
Q. How far should I book in advance?
A. To be reasonably sure of securing a seat, it is advisable to book at least 2-3 days before the tour. However, if you are later than this, it is still worth giving us a try, as provided we have availability we are able to take bookings right up until tour departure time.
Q. Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
A. Our touring vehicles have minimal storage space, so any more than a small day pack is undesirable. Large bags, prams & strollers cannot be stored on board. If you need to bring along any more than this, please be sure to let us know at the time of booking, as it may be necessary to purchase an extra seat to accommodate your luggage.
Q. How long are the current prices valid for?
A. Our currently listed prices and inclusions are valid until 31st March 2017.
Q. Is much physical activity involved?
A. A moderate level of physical mobility is required for some locations on our tours. A number of the destinations are not accessible to those with limited mobility. Our tours do not generally involve long walks or trekking, but some locations have stairs or steep paths. For more information, please contact us.
Q. Where can I be dropped off after the tour?
A. Our guides are pleased to drop our guests off at reasonable destinations in the St Kilda and inner city areas. Normal drop off points include hotels, hostels and transport hubs.
If you live or are staying some way from the city centre, your guide will drop you off at a railway station or tram line on the route to your destination. Our tours return to the city well before public transport stops operating
Q. What are my payment options?
A. We require full payment at the time of placing your booking. You can book online, or you can contact us by phone or e-mail to secure a booking.
When booking online you can print an e-ticket, or can choose to have a booking confirmation e-mailed to any address you nominate. (Or both!)
When telephoning our booking line to make a reservation, you can make payment by providing us with your credit card details (Visa, MasterCard or Amex). Please note that a 2.5% processing fee applies to credit card payments.
Fully paid tickets may also be purchased from travel agencies and tour desks.