Great Ocean Road Sunset tour FAQs
Our Sunset Great Ocean Road day tour leaves Melbourne a few hours later than the Great Ocean Road tour, offers spectacular views of the 12 Apostles at sunset time, but also has fewer stops as time is shorter.
Great Ocean Road Day tour:
- $135 per adult & $115 per child
- Pickups are between 7am-8am
- Morning tea and lunch are included
- Includes rainforest walk at Mait’s Rest
- Arrives back in Melbourne between 9pm-9:30pm
Great Ocean Road Sunset tour:
- $120 per adult & $100 per child
- Pickups are between 9am-10am (April-October) & 10am-11am (November-March)
- No meals are included but makes stops along the way for you to buy food
- Does not include Rainforest walk at Mait’s Rest
- Arrives at the 12 Apostles at Sunset for an amazing photo opportunity
- Arrives back in Melbourne between 9pm-midnight depending on the month
As the time that the sun sets changes significantly during the course of the year, our return time throughout the year also varies significantly.
On an indicative basis, this tour returns at approximately the following times:
- Nov – Feb midnight
- March 11.30pm
- April 10.30pm
- May – Aug 9.30pm
- September 10.00pm
- October 11.00pm
We do not endorse the feeding of wild animals as it can be harmful to the their natural behaviour and well-being. The food often used is the equivalent of junk food causing them to have an unhealthy diet and in some cases making the animals sick. Animals that have been regularly fed by humans come to expect it and in the long term this reduces their ability to forage for food.
We do not include meals on this tour, but there are opportunities to purchase meals at appropriate times throughout the day. Guests are also welcome to bring food with them if they prefer.
Go West Tours does not support usage of single-use water bottles. Being an eco-certified company, we feel a strong responsibility to act as environmentally friendly as possible. Plastics are a huge problem in Australia, particularly in our oceans. By bringing your own water bottle, you are helping make Australia a cleaner country!
Please check the weather forecast the morning of your tour and dress accordingly. Keep in mind the area to which you are travelling as it can be very different from Melbourne city. During the summer months, please be sure to bring a hat, drinking water & sunscreen.
Please check the weather forecast the morning of your tour and dress accordingly. Keep in mind the area to which you are travelling as it can be very different from Melbourne city. While it only rarely snows in Melbourne, the temperature can drop significantly at night. Make sure a warm jacket and shoes are worn on tour or carried in a day pack.